Marriage, Couples &
As circumstances within relationships change, and they ALWAYS do, the relationship itself doesn’t always evolve organically along with the changes. Sometimes couples can get stuck in resistance, anger or confusion around what’s going on. Left unchecked these uncommunicated feelings can contribute to the erosion of the relationship. At the Gilmour Group we have the experience and skills necessary to help couples move forward when they experience pain, disillusionment or fear, particularly around the risk of losing a relationship that may have once looked like it could weather any storm.
At the Gilmour Group, our counselling approach is primarily influenced by Solution-focused Brief Therapy and Gottman Method Couples Therapy. We recognize that counselling isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ situation, thus other modalities and approaches are utilized as well. Gilmour Group’s marriage and couples counselling in Vancouver can help you work through issues that include:
- Infidelity/ Adultery/Affairs
- Financial concerns
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional Connection or Intimacy
- Miscommunication or Non-communication
- Parenting challenges
- Extended or blended family concerns
“My partner and I are in a same-sex relationship and though we were struggling with some issues we were uncomfortable about seeing a counsellor. We had thought about focusing on finding a counsellor within the gay community but decided to just focus on finding a counsellor who knew his/her stuff regardless of their sexual orientation. Dianne made us feel so comfortable so fast! We only had three sessions with her and we’re doing so much better. We’re referring her to our friends”.
You’ll find there are many benefits to receiving marriage counselling. The Gilmour Group, here in Vancouver, can provide you with options you may never have thought about. As well, some of the advantages of couples counselling include:
– Learning how to better solve conflict. Communication skills can help you reach a solution in a healthier manner than you may have previously been able to find. Communication that involves active listening and emotionally unplugged speaking helps couples learn about one another’s needs.
– Relationship counselling can help each person learn how to become assertive with regard to their needs without offending their partner. One of the greatest tools counselling can provide is in learning that each person in the relationship can get what they need without demanding or starting a conflict within the relationship.
– Couples often mistakenly believe they have to solve each issue as it comes up, fighting over it until someone has ‘won’. Through marriage counselling at Gilmour Group in Vancouver, couples learn how to process and work through unresolved issues with new tools and strategies specifically designed for you.
– Counselling provides that safe place for expressing unhappiness, resentment, anger or frustration that may not be possible to talk about at home. A trained professional can help each person in the relationship get their feelings out in the open. When both parties are committed and willing to do the work there will be tangible positive change. And it will last.
If you’re tired of trying the same old thing over and over, getting the same results every time, it’s time to try something different. When you attend marriage counselling at Gilmour Group in Vancouver, you’ll quickly learn that trying the same unhelpful thing over and over will not create a positive outcome.
Gilmour Group helps with communication pattern intervention; they interrupt what is not working and replace it with what will. If you’d like to learn more, please visit online at GilmourCounselling.com, where you’ll find everything you need to make a connection.
We can be reached at 604-880-0941.
Take the First Step with a Free 30 Minute Consultation
If you’re searching for professional marriage counselling in the Vancouver area, consider setting up a consultation with Gilmour Counselling & Consulting. Poor communications skills have led to more problems in relationships than any other underlying issue. Learn how to avoid misunderstandings and inaccurate assumptions while strengthening your relationship. Call 604-880-0941 today.
Are you thinking about couples counselling in Vancouver? Contact Gilmour Group for the skills you and your partner need to see results. If you’ve tried couples counselling in the past and found that it did not provide the results you were looking for, take heart. Gilmour Group is not like any other counselling center in Vancouver.
“How Did We Get From Saying ‘I Love You’ to ‘I’ll See You Around Someday?” – Great Big Sea